Showbiz BudgetingFilm budgets and AICP commercial bidding software in one easy package
Showbiz Budgeting 9
Order additional installs now and SAVE! Base price of $399 is for two computer installs. Add additional installs before adding to your cart, and save big.
NOTE TO UPGRADERS: If you have a licensed install of Showbiz Budgeting 8, do not purchase a new copy of Budgeting 9 here. You are entitled to an upgrade of your current install(s) at a reduced price. Simply scroll down and click Upgrade Your Version 8 in the right sidebar, and once downloaded, enter your original Version 8 Proof of Purchase in the pop-up window and follow the prompts. Your Budgeting 8 license will remain active.
If you need to download a legacy Version 8 file, please click here.
NOTE: The current version of Showbiz Budgeting is compatible with OS Sierra.
For expedited assistance, call Showbiz Support at 310 440 9673 or ecommerce assistance at 310 471 9369.
The wait is over. Version 9 is here. Scroll down for details on the exciting new features!
Showbiz Budgeting allows production accountants, production managers and independent producers to create all types of budgets for feature film, TV, commercial, music video, web series and corporate video projects. But it’s not just a simple budgeting program. Unlike other production budgeting products on the market, this one actualizes, so you can see exactly what you’ve spent and how it affects your overall budget.
Built-in tools allow you to track purchase orders, petty cash envelopes, payroll and more. When production is complete, Showbiz Budgeting stays with you, delivering the reports you need to make your wrap package look sharp. This is the first and last budgeting program you’ll ever need.
Includes the most versatile set of templates ANYWHERE: Dozens of studio formats including Universal, Sony, Paramount, and more. Plus AICP, AICE, CICP, indie feature, reality TV, corporate video, live event, documentary, live theater and even still photography.
What’s New & Improved in Version 9:
MOST REQUESTED FEATURES:
- (Mac) Support for Retina displays added.
- Detail ‘Attachments’ feature added. Multiple images may be attached to each item.
- ‘Pay ID’ field added to detail items.
- (Mac) Automatic spell-check now available in most edit fields.
- Line/account pulldowns can now search and filter – makes finding accounts much faster.
- Automatic line/account renumbering feature added.
- Summary Row color can now be customized on a row-by-row basis.
- Detail window has a new ‘OT Translator’ pane.
- Detail Report ‘Subgroup Columns’ allow creation of Tax Incentive reports.
- New Import option for “Showbiz PO Log” application.
- New Export option for export to QuickBooks Online and Desktop.
- Individual line/accounts can now be ‘tagged’ in chosen colors.
- Purchase Order: Email, Contact and Status fields added. Status – can be marked Open, Paid etc.
- Handy Search fields added to Detail Browser and Vendor Database.
- Fringe settings may now be copied and pasted between budgets.
- Existing PO Numbers are now editable.
ADVANCED FEATURE/TV SUPPORT:
- Budget can now be printed in either ‘Feature/TV’ or ‘Commercial’ styles to cover any project.
- Familiar ‘movie-style’ keyboard shortcuts added.
- ‘Chart of Accounts’ printout option added.
- Fringe amounts can now be posted by Account, Category, Level, or Budget.
- ‘On Conflict’ setting added to Subgroup editor.
- Fringe ‘Ranges’ feature added. This feature works in conjunction with Fringe Cutoff parameter. Ranges may be ‘named’ if desired for spanning accounts and phases.
…and hundreds of other improvements!
Note: Please download the “How To Install” file to assist you with installation and using our new activation system.
Fringes, Globals, Sub-groups
These standard time-saving tools are made even easier with Showbiz Budgeting. Just point and click to make lightning-fast adjustments to your entire budget on the fly.
Allows a budget to be split up into distinct segments for different budget scenarios. You can have multi-city or multi-country budget comparisons. Great for incentives.
Each budget contains actuals as well as estimates, making it easy to see how your final costs compare to your original estimates
Purchase Order System
Keep track of your PO’s during and after production with the Purchase Order System. As actual cost items are entered, Showbiz Budgeting tallies the charges against each PO, which can be printed or emailed to your vendor.
Petty Cash System
The Petty Cash system helps you keep track of petty cash envelopes and all PC expenses. You can record cash transfers to and from the bank, or between envelopes. Running subtotals for each line number are always visible, and PC expenses are instantly plugged into the actual.
You can enter unlimited individual cost items on each line. Detail can be entered for the estimated side or actual side. Actual details record whether the charge is a check, credit card, invoice, time card or petty cash.
All reports can easily be made into a PDF. In addition to printing your Budget Summary, Accounts and Details, Showbiz Budgeting can print detailed reports including: Cost Reports and Calendars, Petty Cash Reports, Petty Cash Envelopes, Purchase Order Logs and more.
You can import budgets from Movie Magic Budgeting, as well as actuals from Point Zero and Powerbid. Also import payroll, and import from Showbiz Timecards and Showbiz Scheduling.
Requires an Intel Mac running OSX 10.7 or higher, or PC running Windows 7 (64-bit only) or higher.